Vodpod videos no longer available.
I commute. I commute to a different city. Only three days a week, but still. It’s a bike ride, then an hour-ten-minimum intercity train ride and then another ten-fifteen-minute suburban train ride to the office. Same again at the end of the day, but in reverse, of course. And to get to work on time I need to start the morning commute at around 6am. This can be a bit of a downer sometimes, especially in the cold, dark depths of winter. So to keep the mood chipper over the years I’ve complied a series of the most upbeat, fun, singalongable mood-altering pop songs I can lay my hands on as a kind of audio prozac antidote for the early morning commute.
With the launch of the delightful 8tracks last year, a tracklist-sharing service that isn’t beholden to the service’s own library of music, I am now able to inflict these mixes – which go under the series name “Unabashed” – upon the internet proper. I’ve held off for a while but you know? Fuck it. Here’s a dose of Unabashed vol. 26 for you and your ear-holes.
One caveat: there may be cheese in your future if you choose to press play. But it’s glorious cheese. Just relax and go with it.
So you can listen to it right here or you can head over to 8tracks – whatever floats. And here’s the track listing, just so you know what to expect:
- Theme from Magnum P.I. – Mike Post & Pete Carpenter
- I Pop A Shot – They Might Be Giants
- Speedball – Adam WarRock
- Mixed Bizness (Cornelius remix) – Beck
- Resurrect – Self
- Kill Your Television – Ned’s Atomic Dustbin
- Pure And Simple – Lightning Seeds
- Band On The Run – Paul McCartney & Wings
- Come On Eileen – Dexy’s Midnight Runners
- For Nancy – Pete Yorn
- Helpless – Sugar
- Heavy Metal Drummer – Wilco
- Forever And Ever Amen – The Drums
- Amnesia – Machine Translations
- An Argument With Myself – Jens Lekman
- Porcupine Eating A Carrot – Parry Gripp
- The Perfect Kiss – New Order
- When You Were Mine – Prince
- A Trick of the Light – The Triffids
- I Will Possess Your Heart – Death Cab For Cutie
- The Mate Ship – Casey Benetto (from Keating The Musical)