I’ve had three poetry collections published. They’re called The Third Fruit is a Bird, Not Quite the Man for the Job and From My Head. I’ve also had one novel published. It’s called Man Bites Dog. I have a short story collection too. It’s called Heroes and Civilians. I’ve also made a bunch of zines and comics.
My poems have been published in places like Asimov’s Science Fiction, Strange Horizons, FreezeRay Poetry, Aurealis, Best Australian Poems, Overland, cordite, Going Down Swinging, Meanjin, elimae, Torpedo, The Sleepers Anthology, one thousand ridiculous tragedies, pindeldyboz, hutt and the Age.
I’ve performed my poetry all over Australia (and once or twice in New York City), including schools, festivals, museums, galleries, cafes, pubs, loungerooms and on public transport.
I’ve taught workshops and short courses for universities, secondary schools, libraries and city councils across Australia on topics like poetry, zine-making, music journalism and how to scam free stuff.
I am not:
- a sales representative at Cambridge University Press
- the star of a best-selling series of Swiss ball fitness videos
- the host of ABC TV’s Who’s Been Sleeping In My House?
- a small town in Missouri, USA
- a Zimbabwean radio announcer
- the author of The Cuckoo Plant or Spaceship Earth
- the author of “Diet and body size of North American mammal road mortalities.” (Transportation Research Part D, v.12, no.7, 2007).
I am, however:
- the namesake of the fictional US Poet Laureate from John Birmingham’s After America
- the highest scoring local poet in the Castlemaine heat of the 2011 Australian Poetry Slam Championships.
If you would like to book me for a performance or workshop, schools and libraries should contact Booked Out Speakers Agency. Other people can contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org or the reply form at the bottom of this page.